04 March 2011

The Hair

I think I have a little bit of a ten-year crisis where every ten years or so I just cut off all my hair. This last happened when I was 16 -- granted, I only did it that time because I was teasing mom and she said I wouldn't and so I did to prove her wrong. It was great.

Then the time before I was around 4 or 5 ish and Stuart cut my ponytail off. I think I looked like a boy for a short time. I love Stuart. He's great.

20110303-KAC_1462
I'm not going to lie, I've been sick of my hair for awhile. I committed to myself that if I ever stopped making the effort to do my hair in the morning (barring illness), then I would cut it off. Well, after almost two straight weeks of braids and buns, it was time. I was not entirely sad to see it go.

20110303-KAC_1468
From the back -- That cape makes my shoulders look WAY BIGGER. My shoulders did not just suddenly grow to quarterback-size. It's just the cape.

20110303-KAC_1471
In a ponytail to cut.

20110303-KAC_1474
I asked Melanie if I could do it myself. I've been fantasizing cutting off my ponytail for weeks.

20110303-KAC_1481
It was everything I dreamed it would be and more! I think cutting it myself helped me feel more excited about the process.

20110303-KAC_1484
I did it! Yay!

20110303-KAC_1488
Melanie, me and the hair in the mirror.

20110303-KAC_1493
The finished product. This is TOTALLY a Dave Terry pose (like, he poses girls this way -- he doesn't pose this way himself). Isn't it a fantastic shade of red? I love the color.

20110303-KAC_1495
The back. A LOT shorter!

20110303-KAC_1507
Just like my shirt, I am being happy! I love it so much and it's going to be so perfect for Florida in a couple of weeks. Also, there is NO ONE I would trust with my hair other than Melanie. She did a great job and it is EXACTLY what I was hoping for even though I didn't explain very well. She's a miracle worker and I'm so happy.

I went home last night and showed it to MamaLynne -- who thought I was just getting a trim, and, to be honest, so did I until I actually got there. When she finally noticed she jumped and screamed, "What happened?? Your HAIR!!" It was great.

MANY thanks to Melanie. She does my blog design, my signature (for official work e-mails I send out) design, helps with hair emergencies (I had one yesterday when my bobby pins kept falling out) AND makes me look all-around fantastic. I love her!

15 comments:

LibPhoto said...

It is sad to see you cut all your hair off, BUT I love the new look!

Hiccup MeL said...

What an adorable post! Thank you for being so cute and the things you said ABSOLUTELY made my day... You are a hottie -- your natural good looks are what help that haircut looks so good. :)

Zany G {Joyce} said...

WOW Chilly, you are SO brave! I absolutely love it! Being a hairdresser myself I can appreciate the sacrifice you made getting it cut so short... but well worth it - it looks fantastic!Did you give the pony to Locks of Love? What a great wig that would make for some deserving child. :O)
~YBPPE, Joyce

Bromleys said...

LOVE!!!! LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! It almost makes me want to chop mine... almost. I still need to do a few things first.... Like an awesome perm.

HB said...

GREAT Choice - Your hair looks fabulous!! HB

Jenny said...

You look awesome!!! Love you!

Cyd said...

I love good hair stories. I LOVE that you cut it off yourself! FAB!

krebscout said...

Totally sassy. And hot.

Mom said...

You look darling! We'd like to see it in person.

Lindy Leigh said...

WOW! Wow. I am impressed woman. This is the haircut for you! Now I want you here to take pictures :) I love it!

Jenn said...

I obviously need to make more trips over to the other side of the office. So cute! So brave!!

TexasRanger said...

LOVE IT! Short hair is the best.

Alison said...

It looks so good!

Suzi Q said...

HOLY COW!!!! IT looks BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how much you cut off!!!

Jake Taylor said...

You look great!